Here is an innovation technology which allows the villagers to get in distance on FM, the music that a neighbor is playing on memory card.
How is it made?
We insert in an MP3, a memory card containing pieces of music and we check the pieces of music on the card as we check FM radios frequencies.
Once the music got on the card by the radio well, the neighbors can listen the same pieces of music with in distance their radios even small.
Due to the lack of electricity in villages, the MP3 and the radio are connected to a battery.
I would like to develop that system in some Ségou village for some different purposes:
- Inform and make sensitive the rural people on the advantages of sending children to school, especially, girls
- Inform the rural populations about the contagious diseases and about their dangers on the society
- Record the African traditional songs which are of disappearing and make them listen to young generations
- Record tales, proverbs and stories of the village for the young generations
- Create songs tales competitions between small children of the villages, record and plays these songs tales in the village. The winners will get gifts for their works.
- The initiative is here, but needs some means to realize it:
- Solar panel as source of electricity
- A battery
- A big tape recorder
- A MP3
- And memory cards
Pingback: Rising Voices » Segou Villages Connection: little by little, technology, is finding its way to Malian villages
beautiful, what do you need to realize it, moneywise i mean.
Where and when do you want to do this?
I’m going to Bamako in november, maybe i can bring something from belgium?