Please join us on December 2, 2010, for a chat about the “Blogging Positively” project and e-guide. The chat will start at 11am EST, and we enthusiastically welcome new participants, in addition to friends who have already joined the global conversation.
Blogging Positively Chat: December 2, 2010, 11am EST (USA)
The chat will begin at 11am EST (Boston-New York).
This is 2pm (Buenos Aires), 4pm (London), 6pm (Cape Town, Beirut), 7pm (Nairobi), 9:30pm (New Delhi), 12am (Dec 4) (Beijing, Manila), 1am (Tokyo), 3am (Sydney).
Two years ago, a World AIDS Day chat on the subject of citizen media and HIV/AIDS–sponsored by Rising Voices–revealed a strong interest in a guide on blogging about HIV/AIDS-related topics.
Now that the “Blogging Positively” guide has launched, we want to find ways to make it as useful as possible. Suggestions include development of a curriculum that would accompany hands-on experience, expanding the guide to include other forms of citizen media (“blogging and beyond”), and other topics such as gender violence and HIV/AIDS, and linking it to other kinds of communication, such as art.
We have developed a list of possible “future scenarios”, including:
* Devising ways to involve people living in areas less Internet-accessible.
* Including more individuals and groups directly affected by HIV/AIDS, and empowering HIV+ bloggers.
* Organizing an international corps of local bloggers focused on HIV/AIDS.
* Creating advocacy campaigns and “crisis blogging” teams for global hot-spots.
* Implementing training programs on citizen media and HIV/AIDS.
* Storytelling by and about people affected by HIV/AIDS.
* Bolstering health education campaigns.
* Encouraging use of citizen media other than blogging and the Internet.
The December 2nd chat will focus on gathering feedback about the e-guide and project, creating a curriculum, and some of the topics listed above (as time permits). Hopefully you can join us!