Rising Voices Grantee Update
Following our last workshop, the team at jalaibi.com got together to assess and evaluate how beneficial it was to the participants and how we could improve it for the remainder of our plan. A few of the key learnings we had included the following:
1) Participants would like to spend more time in the actual workshop, the event we had arranged was only a half day event and we tried to cram a lot of learning into those 5 hours.
2) We need to establish a better way of ensuring that the participants begin to contribute following attendance at the workshop. We are still facing difficulty trying to ensure a steady stream of content for the blogsite.
3) We need to target a much wider audience for workshop attendance. We will try to include a greater number of participants, as despite confirmations and commitments there are a significant number of absentees. A greater number of participants will also ensure that break away groups at the actual workshops are more exciting.
4) We need to include hands on experience at the workshop which was neglected in the first workshop.
5) It is always useful to use the Jalaibi.com Facebook page as a means to communicate with the wider audience. Since we launched this page we have managed to generate much more interest in our venture nationwide.
We feel that by incorporating all these changes we will be able to arrange a more successful workshop which will go some way in helping us make jalaibi.com a success.
Currently in Pakistan, there is a lot of political activity due to street protests taking place in the capital. This has shifted the focus of most of the target and online population towards what many are staking out to be one of the largest peaceful protests in Pakistan. As jalaibi.com remains true to it's commitment of remaining apolitical it is proving to be a little difficult in generating greater interest in ventures which do not focus on the political side of things.
The jalaibi.com team will however continue to assert our apolitical manifesto during all our workshops to enable a more constructive online dialogue.
The next workshop was held on the 29th of August, 2014 in Karachi, we'll have an update soon about that activity. Our team has been working very hard to source the right trainers and contact the right participants to ensure the workshop's success. We will keep you all posted on the developments! Meanwhile, please do visit jalaibi.com and send us your comments, or even better- a blog!
We would love to hear from the Rising Voices community about their opinion regarding Pakistan. What positive do you see in our country? It would be a great addition and will definitely aid positive dialogue to be initiated.